If you survived the summer heat in Fukuoka and notice a cool breeze creeping up more often, then you know that Autumn (aki) is just around the corner.
Autumn is mushroom (Kinoko) season and also the time to miss soup after a long hot summer. There are various kind of mushrooms available in Fukuoka and the rest of Kyushu including Enoki, Shimeji, Eringi, Maitake and Shiitake. Welcome Autumn with this recipe when you find cheap fresh mushrooms at the vegetable market!
- 100g Mushrooms (Enoki and Shimeji are recommended)
- 100g (1 small) Onion
- 1 consomme cube
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
1. Chop onion and cut mushrooms coarsely.
2. Heat butter in the pot, add onion and mushrooms and stir until onion turns translucent.
3. Add 300ml water and consomme cube then simmer for 10min.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot!