For the second recipe in a row, we are sharing another dessert recipe. And this time, it is truly Japanese and truly easy to prepare. Shiratama powder is often used in Japanese sweets, so this recipe would be a good starting point in learning many other Japanese desserts. You can get in in any Japanese grocery. If you want a visual guide, click here. This particular recipe makes Shiratama mochi softer and healthier. Enjoy it with soybean powder and brown syrup as suggested or with red beans! It is happiness in a bowl!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 100g Shiratama powder (白玉粉)
- 150ｇ Soft Tofu or Kinugoshi Tofu （ソフト豆腐 or 絹ごし豆腐)
- 50 ml water
- 30g Brown sugar (黒糖)
- 20ml hot water
- Soybean powder （きな粉）
How to Cook:
1. Mix Shiratama powder, tofu and 50 ml water in a bowl.
2. Mix brown sugar and 20 ml hot water in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Make bite size balls of the Shiratama and Tofu mix and boil in hot water for 5 min.